May 14, 2008

Happy New Years!

I'm saying that because if New years is related to resolutions I need a re-do. I resolved to Blog once a week, memorize the Johns and Jude starting in summer, and learn spanish. We are in the middle of the 5th month and those resolutions are all but gone out the window. I tell you this not to just announce my failures and apologize for the empty time between blogs. I simply announce that I'm getting back on track.

I spent this past weekend at hume to have a long needed rest. While there I prayed a lot and tried to not put solutions in my mind before giving God time to answer. During one of my quiet times I remember thinking I'm commiting to an hour of devo time just like I did in Joshua. That thought was immediately followed by a "Yeah, don't you have enough commitments your not sticking too??" Ouch! This was followed by some great verses from a book I've found talking about the apostle Peter. It talked about how Peter full of passion would say things like if everyone else leaves you I will stay. Making commitments he wasn't able to keep. Even though he fails Christ in his time of need He forgives Peter and uses Him to start the church.

You can't fail if you don't give up . So let's not consider this a failure just a delayed victory! I'm back and refreshed and look forward to writing many more of these in the future. Bear with me and help me out, a little nudging is always a good thing!

2 comments:

Wes Van Fleet said...

Thatta boy!!!

Mindy Clark said...

Yay. I look forward to reading your blog again! We miss you friend.