February 3, 2008

My 6 Month Whirlwind


Well one can easily say looking at this picture that my life has been turned upside down since I've left the comforts of my desert dwelling. In the past six months I have found a new job, a new home, a new group of local friends, and a new vision for my future! I'm working at Sparkletts Water Company as a delivery driver in the La Jolla area of SD. I've also become real close with my fellow companions that also made this exodus from the desert. Mainly because we all have the primary focus of assisting, in any way, start a church in the San Diego/Chula Vista area.
It's amazing that I've already been down here for half of a year! I didn't even realize it until I received a renewal notice for our apartment lease, that blew me away! In that time frame I've seen 13 people move down, 4 preview church services ran, 14 servant evangelism projects executed, 11 churches visited, and a slew of other things that I can't even remember that have occured! We have also found a home base for our church without a home place. Although, we have finally rented some office space for our church we haven't locked down a location for the worship services. At least for the next 6 months starting February 24th the services will be ran at theatre #7 (how convenient) in the AMC theater in Otay Ranch/Chula Vista.
As all these drastic changes have happened in my world, they've also brought about some revelations about what my purpose and goals are for 7 SD and my future at large. I've recently realized that servant evangelism is something that brings fulfillment to my life and have seen the need for that to continue endlessly in the world at large. So without giving away too much of my future plans I would ask you to pray continuously for 7 San Diego, the lost in our area, and for me and my future goals as well! Look forward to telling you all about the next set of changes that will be just around the corner!

6 comments:

mo said...

So, I wish I was closer to you Simon Peter...actually, it's more like Peter now :) I can't believe it has been that long already. So much has changed in the desert too, lol.
I'm proud of you Erik, and so blessed to call you my brother in Christ. I can't wait to see the amazing things you do. God's call on your life is great, I know you are going to change so many lives. Keep moving forward my love, it's only just begun!
Blessings!

Jenna said...

Great choice in a topic! and I didn't get a chance to tell you this before but I love the idea behind this blog... a chance to continuously look at your life and make some concrete decisions about it, and to see from the simplest of blogs to the most complex, the direction that the Lord is leading you in. I can't wait to read and experience the roller coaster you will experience and the excitements and changes that will come because of it! All the love in the world... ~ J

Tonya said...

Hi Erik! I just wanted to let you know we are checkin' in with you via blog! We love ya and are excited to see what God is going to do next! It's an adventure isn't it?! Havin' it no other way...

Tonya

Mindy Clark said...

Hey Erik!

I want to start by saying that I am so proud of you! You are a courageous, righteous man! And I am blessed to have a friend in you! Your wisdom and guidance has helped me tremendously in my walk. thanks for keepin' us posted in this crazy, amazing, journey! My prayers are with you always my dear friend!

Jenna said...

We just want you to know how amazing we think you are to leave everything you knew and were familiar with in order to help with 7 SD. We can't wait to see everything that God has planned for you. We will continue to keep you in our prayers! (Natalie)

Go Erik! Yea Erik! WE BELIEVE IN YOU! GO ERIK AND GOD! YAY YAY YAY! (we are all standing and clapping for you!) (Heather)

I met this guy
He was real cool
His name is Erik
And he ain't no fool.

He loved the Lord with all his heart,
I'd say thats a pretty good start
Now you must wait for the very next part...
(Jenna & Christy)

Amigo Castillo, Dios te bendiga en tu vida y con tus "blogs."

-Natalie, Heather, Christy & Jenna

Wes Van Fleet said...

Word!